HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING AT HOME AND ARE NOW READY TO IMMERSE YOURSELF IN A SPANISH-SPEAKING ENVIRONMENT?
WANT TO MEET OTHER LANGUAGE LEARNERS FROM THE BORDER AND ALL OVER THE US WITH THE SAME PASSION FOR SPANISH AS YOU?
Language Plus welcomes you to join us at our friendly institute in sunny El Paso, Texas to help move you closer to achieving your goals!
Our Immersion Program surrounds you with Spanish all day long with classes at our institute, excursions around El Paso and Juarez and highly recommended home-stay accommodations with a local family. In fact, 80% of people in El Paso speak Spanish at home, so you are guaranteed to hear the language spoken throughout the community as well.
We believe in providing diverse classes and experiences during your time here. What does this look like?:
- In-class sessions with multiple native Spanish-speaking teachers who will sufficiently challenge you in your goal areas
- Going into the community (e.g. downtown, stores, restaurants, mural walks, cultural events) to expand your comfort zone outside the walls of the classroom
- Crossing the border to Ciudad Juarez to speak with locals and dive further into Mexican culture
- Interviewing/conversing with locals who can tell you more about borderlife and teach you to speak like the locals do
Due to COVID and our desire to respect social distancing, our current Immersion classes are offered as private or semi-private classes (1-2 students/class). You may choose either one or a combination of the two.
The option of semi-private classes is determined by:
- Mutual interest
- Compatibility in level and language goals of other students attending at the same time as you
As this is a customized program, you are able to decide how many hours to study per day/week and along with the teacher determine the specific content you wish to practice to achieve your goals and greater confidence . The most common option is 4 hours/day. You are certainly welcome to choose more or less hours.